Health and Safety Policy
Policy statement from the
RoSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders, Kent Drivers Group
KENT DRIVERS GROUP HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The attention of all Kent Drivers Group Members is directed to our Health and Safety Policy.
OUR GENERAL STATEMENT
- It is our policy to maintain the health, safety and welfare of all members . Adequate resources will be made available to ensure the successful implementation of this policy.
- The Kent Drivers Group will comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 (HSW Act) and all regulations and Approved Codes of Practice made under this Act that affect our Group. Particular attention will be paid to the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and its Approved Code of Practice, and the Fire Safety Order 2005. Our aim is to continually improve health and safety management and performance.
- It is the duty of the Group to do everything reasonably practicable to prevent injury and ill-health to members and others affected by our activities. It is also the duty of each member to exercise personal responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others.
- The Group Committee will monitor the effectiveness of this policy. Regularly review the Group's health and safety arrangements and performance. It is the responsibility of the Group Chairman or elected Officer responsible for health and safety, liaising with Committee members and Group officers as necessary.
- It is our policy that, should any member have concerns related to health and safety, they should feel able to discuss these with a Committee Members in the first instance. Alternatively, they may contact the Group Chairman.
- It is also our policy to encourage constructive suggestions or comments from members on how our health and safety performance can be improved, and these should be put to the Committee, who will consider these and provide suitable feedback.
- This policy statement will be reviewed annually by the Group Chairman, consulting with committee and group members as necessary. Subject to approval by the Group Committee, any significant revision to the policy will be brought to the attention of all Members.